There is a wide spread of material. Bronze Age Greek, Cypriot, local Italian, Etruscan, and the local styles of the Archaic Greek city-states all appear beside the more familiar Athenian black and red figure. The large format allows all pieces to be fully illustrated, and there are profile drawings of the more interesting shapes, as an aid to the study of potting as well as painting. There is a full commentary on each vase.
The British committee is chaired by Dr Thomas Mannack.
Note that not all ‘Great Britain’ fascicules are published by the British Academy (e.g. some are published by British Museum Press - as indicated in the list).
British Academy fascicules are published by Oxford University Press. Some older fascicules are available from Oxbow Books.
Click on blue titles for details.
25. [published by British Museum Press]
20. [published by British Museum Press]
18. The Glasgow Collections: The Hunterian Museum; the Glasgow Museum and Art Gallery, Kelvingrove; the Burrell Collection by Elizabeth Moignard
64 pages + 60 plates
0-19-726168-X hbk 1997 available from Oxbow
17. [published by British Museum Press]
13. [published by British Museum Press]
1-11. [not published by the British Academy]
(the publication of Fascicules 3, 6, 9 and 11 were supported financially by the British Academy)
1. Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto (Attic Black Figure and Related Wares) by J W Hayes
978-0-19-726000-5 portfolio 1981 available from Oxbow
Summary Guide to Corpus Vasorum Antiquorum by Thomas H Carpenter
0-19-726033-0 pbk 1984 out of print
Summary Guide to Corpus Vasorum Antiquorum. Second Edition by Thomas H Carpenter & Thomas Mannack
0-19-726203-1 pbk 2000 available from Oxbow